Every year I am not sure why I am amazed at how time has flown by…….but it always surprises me how quickly the year slips away. Thinking about this I started to reflect on what accomplishments happened this year…..and I came up with an informal list of cool things that occurred at TMI AutoTech in 2014.
- Built the 68th Spec Race Atom car
- Sold chassis AA30227 for Atom 3s (and counting……)
- Completed the 4th full season of the VIR Cup Spec Race Atom race season Presented by Honda Racing/HPD
- We were invited to compete at exhibition races with the SCCA at both the Summer Speedfest and the American Road Race of Champions
- Released the Turbo Charged 365hp Atom 3S to the world in October - (I had the pleasure of test driving it at the drag strip and around VIR) J
- Expanded internal capabilities with the addition of numerous new staff members; we are up over 20 people now!
- Expanded our internal machining capabilities with a new 4-axis CNC mill
- Launched TMI Motorsport Service division to look after Atoms as well as a wide variety of track and exotic cars
I know there is more….but those items stand out as the most memorable……but what also sticks in my head as memorable is the number of hours everyone at TMI AutoTech worked to get things moving; from future planning to daily jobs our staff worked hard. Thank you.
2015 has many new and exciting projects in the works, in addition to a continued effort to keep the Ariel Atom at the top of the heap. Stay tuned…….